Friday, August 28, 2015

Dried Apple Chips



It's apple season !! Can you smell the apple pie, taste of hot apple cider and those apples donuts - ( I know you want some - shoot those sound good RIGHT now !!  - YUM -O !!

Well,  if you get an overabundance of apples like I was fortunate to have, than you can crank out some yummy apple chips that your family will love !

I have another batch going on at this precise moment, but this time I am using a dehydrator !! But, never fear ! You can use your oven and still create a wonderful snack to take on the go !

Step 1 - 

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees

Step 2 - 

Peel... peel ... peel ... your apples ( I feel a song coming on - if you must... GO peel a banana - ha )
 I used a peeler, or if you are good you can use a knife !
OR ----- if you have one of those nifty little dandy peeler, PLUS spiral cutter THAN YES use it !!

But, if not you can use a mandala cutter- I used the one on a cheese grater and it worked great !

Try to cut them evenly as possible, this ensures that they are cooking at the same rate.

Does that ALL make sense ?? Peel the skin off and slice those apples evenly.

Step 3 - 

Arrange them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. This means no spraying the pan and adding extra stuff to your apples. You will want to make sure that you have arranged them evenly apart. Or place them on a dehydrator evenly apart. 

Step 4- 

If cooking in the oven place them in for 2- 3 hours.  You will want to take them out halfway and FLIP them over .  After you have pulled them out at the desired crispness you can enjoy them right away or let them cool and then enjoy later! They did not last long in my house, and loved to gnaw on them myself ! 

Give them a try ! You will love them ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment