Thursday, October 2, 2014

4 ingredient Ice Cream - that's HEALTHY and Low in calories !!

One of my most favorite things that I would buy and indulge in was- ICE CREAM. Seriously, it was a staple at my house. Walking thru the cold aisle I would automatically scan thru all the yummy flavors. Almost always stopping to pick up Cookies N cream. And my indulgence would begin, after dinner. preferably when the kids where in bed. It was the bowl and I … oh and my husband would almost always have to enjoy several scoops for himself.

It was after some time that I came to the realization that eating ice cream before bed was not good for my waistline. So, my trips to the freezer section became less. And this so called must - HAVE was no longer a priority.

Yes, I still do enjoy ice cream, but the bowl of yummy creaminess is much more enjoyable.

So, when I stumbled upon this recipe that has 4 ingredients from mywholefoodlife.com and there is NO MILK! Say WHAT !

I decided to give it a whirl !

So here are the ingredients




-1 can of coconut
- peppermint flavoring extract- 1/2 tsp
- Maple syrup 2-3 Tablespoons
-Chocolate chips 2 T of


Pour the can of coconut into a bowl - I should have chilled the can of coconut or the mixture after, just an after thought.




My son was eager to be my little helper.




He had to help me and of course dump the maple syrup! I think I would add a little bit  more next time. 



Mix it all up! Make sure to add the extract as well !

Now pour it into your mixer and set it for 18 minutes.

Add the chocolate chips at the 15 minute mark.


Here is my soft serve mixture. Doesn't it look like ice cream !!

He ate it all up! He did make a funny face at first, it threw him off but he was happy !

I had to add FRESH rasper berries to mine !! 

Give this a try and you may be surprised at how much you do like it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment