Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Are you really HUNGRY ?

Have you ever gone to your pantry to look for something to eat. You weren't sure exactly what you wanted to eat, but you figured hey why not.

This is how I get around the afternoon, when my son is napping and I am looking to be productive- therefore I look for a snack because, ya that's productive.

But, what I have learned is that either I am thirsty or I need to stay busy and need to find something else to do.

How to determine if you are really hungry 

One new thing that I am trying to do is make sure that I drink water. Take a big glass of water and drink it up. Then leave the kitchen and go throw a load of laundry in the washer. Distract yourself with something else to see if you are still hungry.

Drink some Herbal Tea

I love tea with a little bit of honey, sometimes that is all I need to curb that craving. Enjoying a nice cup of tea can be the ticket to kicking that HABIT of thinking that we are hungry. It fills us up because with liquid, plus the herbs provide a therapeutic way to help our senses.

Brush your teeth 

Do you like to eat after you brushed your teeth? I don't. So by brushing your teeth it can become a trigger for many of us to say wait I just brushed my teeth I am not going to ruin that fresh taste in  my mouth. You should give it try.

Next time you find yourself going for the kitchen for a snack, ask yourself if you are really wanting to eat or if it's just out of boredom.





No comments:

Post a Comment